Data Protection through Data Destruction
GDPR and Shredding
The law relating to Data Protection across Europe has changed. On the 25th of May 2018 a new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect across all member states.
“The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) very significantly increases the obligations and responsibilities for organisations and businesses in how they collect, use and protect personal data. At the centre of the new law is the requirement for organisations and businesses to be fully transparent about how they are using and safeguarding personal data, and to be able to demonstrate accountability for their data processing activities.” www.gdprandyou.ie (Data Protection Commissioner)
The GDPR also has strong provisions to ensure compliance to its Articles. There will be an increase in both fines and enforcement across Europe to ensure organisations comply with the Regulation.
Where Personal Data is no longer needed or lawful to keep it is important to ensure that it is securely disposed of as it can represent a liability for you or your organisation. DGD Shredding can help you and your organisation with a range of bespoke shredding services to satisfy your GDPR compliance.
While there are no specific provisions as to how you are to dispose of personal data the onus is on you to make sure that you choose a reputable provider for such services.
We offer a highly compliant service for our customers and are certified with compliance to EN15713 Secure Destruction of Confidential Data Code of Practice. We ensure all data is destroyed to the highest industry standard and provide Certificates of Destruction for all data shred. Operating for 25 years we are one of the largest contractors in Ireland providing shredding services nationwide.
Waste Management Services Available:
- Waste Management Consultancy
- Office waste paper recycling
- Cardboard recycling
- Timber pallets
- Fluorescent tubes
- Confidential Shredding
- Software Dismantling
- Supply of Baling equipment (rental or Purchase)
- Supply operatives on-site to carry out bailing and janitorial duties
- Single vendor waste management service
- Organise the disposal of Hazardous waste
On Site Mobile Shredding
The on site mobile shredding services we provide to our clients achieve total satisfaction with every service delivery.
Both on site mobile shredding services and offsite shredding services can be provided on:
- A “Scheduled Basis” on site mobile shredding service; the client is aware of what date the service delivery will be provided.
- An “On Call” on site mobile shredding service; the client contacts our fully trained customer relations staff in order to schedule a date for an on site mobile paper shredding service delivery
- A “Clear Out” mobile shredding service; the client stores all confidential material in a secure area within their premises. Once the secure area is at capacity and/or the material has reached its retention period the client contacts our customer relations staff. A date will then be scheduled for the secure on site mobile shredding process and the client will receive all traceable and auditable certificates. Due to the efficiency of our on site mobile shredding units we have the capability to destruct high volumes of material efficiently.
It’s not just about the paper.
Confidential information comes in many forms.
Shred-it is able to help your organisation protect the proprietary materials that could put your company or brand at risk if they were obtained by criminals, a competitor, or the public. Including, but not limited to:
- CDs, DVDs and USB drives
- Corporate promotional items
- credit cards / debit cards
- Data tapes
- Identification cards
- Pill bottles
- Software Product Destruction